Misc. Information for our Participants
- If you are running the long course, don’t forget your sleeping bag for the sourdough start
- Short course is for any teams of LESS THAN 5 dogs
- Long course is for teams of 5 dogs or more (teams of 4 or less MUST run the short course).
- Awards will be given out for the following to the only:
~Highest Dollar Amount of Pledges
~Highest Number of Pledges
~First team TO THE Gunflint Trail
~Best Dressed Dog Team
- For EVERYONE:
~The Most Outrageous Pink Outfit Award
~DORK award (Captain Mammogram will be watching to see who does the “DORK”iest thing on the trail!
- There will be a “Booby Prize” given to the team with the fastest time in the Human Dogsled Race
- If you are planning on running a tandem sled, or will have anyone in or on your sled, they are considered participants and MUST sign a participation agreement or will not be allowed on the trail.
- Participants under 18 must have a parent present (NO EXCEPTIONS) to sign the participant agreement along with the under-age participant.
- Your pledgers can pay by you Active.com fundraising page. The pledgers MUST pledge to YOUR page, not the the general Mush for a Cure 2012 fundraising page. On-line pledges received after 12:01 a.m. on Friday, March 8 will NOT be tallied until after the event. Only the payments made prior to will be tallied for you towards the awards. We will have a copy of your on-line donations at registration.
- NEW IN 2013: Registration will close prior to the start of the long event, approximately 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 9th. Any monies collected after registration has closed WILL NOT count toward the awards. It will be tallied afterward and be included in the overall total being sent to the Foundation.
- If you have an employer that matches donations, the “match” will NOT be counted towards the total amount raised for the awards. However, the donations will be sent to the foundation with all other pledges.
Our registration volunteers would appreciate if you would have your registration sheets and monies organized. It will save them (and you) lots of time at registration. REMINDER, you must bring your pledges with you, as this will be the total that is used for the awards. “Promised” pledges WILL NOT count towards your total. If you have received cash pledges, please bring to your bank and have a cashier’s check made out for the amount of your cash donations. Please DO NOT bring a large amount of cash.
ROLL CALL WILL BE TAKEN AT THE MUSHER MEETINGS AND YOU MUST BE PRESENT AT THE MUSHER MEETING IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE. NO EXCEPTIONS (INSURANCE REQUIREMENT, SORRY).